LAB Design are certified Passivhaus Designers and degree qualified Building Designers. We are members of the Australian Passive House Association and Full Members of the building Designers Association of Australia. If you want to design a home or commercial space that uses Passivhaus methodology (certified or not) we can provide the full service.
Building Design Services
- Design Feasibility and Analysis,
- 3D concepts and renderings,
- DA level drawings,
- Construction level drawings,
- Construction Documentation,
- Development Consultants –
Assistance with external consultants and approval authorities.
Passivhaus Design Services
These services are in addition to the Building Design Services listed above.
- PHPP modelling (provides specific numbers on how your design will perform),
- Thermal Bridge Modelling (using Flixo software to eliminate thermal bridges),
- Additional Construction Drawings for Passive House components (wall build ups, slab design, heat recovery system, window detailingetc),
- Assistance sourcing products,
- Management of certification process.
Passivhaus / Building Science Consulting Services
If you already have a design and want it to perform better thermally, achieve Passivhaus certification or if you just need a single junction thermally modelled, we can assist.
- Moisture Transport Analysis using WUFI® (assesses the likelihood of unacceptable moisture levels within construction assemblies resulting in mould, decay etc)
- PHPP modelling for existing design,
- Thermal Bridge Modelling of construction details using FLIXO,
- Bespoke construction solutions (designed and modelled details to meet Passivhaus criteria and remove thermal bridges),
- Provide Passivhaus construction details for use within Architect/Designer drawing sets,
- Provide all modelling, details and advice on products to achieve Passivhaus criteria.